At Make Way for Ducklings we value the lives of children as we know you value their learning experiences. We work to help each child in an enthusiastic atmosphere to promote their individual needs of cognitive, emotional, physical and social development.
We realize that every family has different needs an we allow you to choose any combination of days for your child to attend. We do not have specific 2 day (Tue/Thurs), 3 day (Mon/Wed/Fri) or 5 day program. We have a rolling admission accepting children under the Massachusetts Department of Early Education regulations at the age of 2.9 to the age of 6.
Our aim at Make Way for Ducklings is three-fold:
- To provide sound educational techniques evidenced by happy children and smooth program operations.
- To provide sensitivity to children’s needs which will afford each child with experiences in human relationships and self-awareness.
- To provide a welcome atmosphere for all.
These objectives are important planning tools in defining and implementing our curriculum. They relate to the development, motivation and self activation of children.
- To experience a sense of self-esteem and exhibit a positive attitude toward life.
- To demonstrate cooperative, pro-social behavior
- To acquire learning and problem-solving skills and expand logical thinking skills.
- To learn through the use of all five senses.
Make Way for Ducklings which was established in 1981, has an outstanding and committed staff under the direction of Ann DeNucci Rogalski BS Wheelock College. The very dedicated staff at MWFD has over 300 collected years of experience with Make Way for Ducklings. All staff are licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care of Massachusetts, Quality Rating System Level 2, Department of Education and Care, American Heart Association certifying First Aide and CPR as well as screenings through the Cori and DYS system. Make Way For Ducklings is fortunate to have such educated and talented teachers devoted to the care of young children.